(Disclosure: I received a complimentary watch from Jord Wood Watches. All opinions are my own).
When the good folks at Jord Wood Watches contacted me about reviewing one of their fabulous watches, I was beyond excited. They’re known for making quality timepieces with swiss movements in a gorgeous rustic luxe style that easily transition between day and night wear. It’s cozy meets couture. The perfect example of Hygge style which makes me very happy.
Hygge Happiness with Cozy Couture and the Jord Women’s Watch
What’s Hygge style? (Hygge is pronounced Hoo-ga.) It’s a Danish concept that literally means “well-being.” It’s the art of comfy cozy, laid back happiness for home, life, and style.
Keep reading for my 5 Simple Tips to Hygge Style PLUS grab a Jord watch coupon and enter the Giveaway!
I like to think of it as the Apres Ski of zenful undertakings. It mixes natural elements and moments into everyday life, just like Jord Watches.
I chose the the Frankie-35 “Zebrawood and Navy” watch. My daughter, Zoe, loves zebras so I knew she’d get extra excited about that and I loved the unique wood grain and the anchoring blue.
Each watch is sized specifically to you. The folks at Jord make it super simple with a downloadable tape measure and super easy instructions. It’s very comfortable, lightweight and smooth against your skin. You don’t even realize you’re wearing wood. The watch also comes in a beautiful wood chest complete with an extra drawer.
I used this to stash some coordinating bracelets!
As I mentioned–it’s perfect for everyday wear–carpool lines, office, impromptu dance parties with the kiddos, but it also transforms seamlessly into beautiful evening ensembles. I can wear it to a sleek cocktail bar with my hubby or ice skating with my girls.
I like to layer mine with several bracelets because I’m a big bracelet girl. It coordinates well with everything. Sleek silver, boho beads, even Game Day wear.
Dress it up or keep it simple, whatever you choose, it’s a perfect example of cozy couture Hygge style that’s so popular right now.
Ways to Live Hygge Style
Hygge style is designed to relax oneself while creating richer and more meaningful experiences. Here are some simple ways to incorporate hygge style into your life:
- Home Lighting: Swap out harsh lighting for soft lamps and candles. This relaxes the mind and can helps you focus on the present moment.
- Home Relaxation corner: Followers of Feng Shui might have a special relaxation spot with a calming fountain to help quiet the mind. In Hygge, you would create a comfy cozy reading nook called a Hyggekrog, complete with warm blankets, a roaring fire, and of course, soft lighting. Tip: Create your own Hyggekrog by getting a comfy chair near the window or fireplace, add some pretty candles, your favorite book, and a cup of tea.
- Bring Nature Inside: Danes love to be connected to the Earth and by bringing more natural elements inside, they’re creating connections that might otherwise go missing. You can do this by adding fur pillows, wood decor, small plants. And it doesn’t have to be a Scandinavian style. If you like succulents-bring those in. If you like small palms, use those. Whatever brings YOU happiness is what counts. That’s Hygge!
- Slow warm foods: According to Hygge experts, the longer a food takes to prepare the more Hygge it is. But don’t worry, you don’t need to slave in the kitchen all day. You could create something yummy in the slow cooker, or make a warm pasta dish. Just don’t throw something in the microwave. That’s the opposite of Hygge style! Enjoying warm beverages like tea or glogg (warm mulled wine) is also very Hygge. Bring the family together and make dinner together. It’s all about savoring flavors and enjoying the moment. Making something with love.
- Meaning over Materialism: I think this might be my favorite part of Hygge style. Hygge encourages you to connect to your belongings; they should tell a story that weaves into your life. Elements in Hygge are more than just empty stuff, they’re bits of something reflective of the person that owns them.
How does my new Jord Wood Watch tie into my new Hygge obsession?
Well, it’s my first sponsorship of 2017 and it came just in time for my birthday! So I’ll always connect the two together.
Enter the Jord Watch Giveaway
Now for the fun part. Jord is currently running a Giveaway! Woohoo!
One lucky winner will to win will receive a code for $100 off a watch of their choice! Whaat?!! That’s awesome! So, hurry! Use my special Technotini link and ENTER TODAY. Contest ends 2/26/17 at 11:59pm (No purchase necessary.)
BONUS: All entrants will receive a $25 e-gift code automatically! So basically, you get a $25 coupon just for entering! And who doesn’t like Coupons!
Again, here’s the link to Enter the Contest .
One last thing, I’ve created a special Pinterest Board with pictures of more beautiful Jord Watches and examples of Comfy, Cozy Hygge style.
Follow my board:
I’d love to hear your thoughts on the Jord Watches or your favorite way to find Hygge happiness. Leave me a comment below. And Don’t forget, Enter the Contest for your chance at a $100 Jord gift code AND an automatic $25 off coupon! Contest ends February 26, 2017.
Let's Get Inspired Together!
Subscribe to the Technotini Newsletter and receive the "Inspire-Like a Girl" eBook as our gift to you!